Garage Door Opener Philadelphia Pennsylvania
One of the most common problems which lead to a overhead door in Philadelphia that won’t open or close, is a problem with the overhead door opener. There can be many possible reasons why the opener stopped, or why it doesn't work like it used to. From a bad overhead door and opener installation, to a bad or no maintenance job at all, if your overhead door opener is not working, or if you think that there is something wrong with the way the opener works, please contact Philadelphia Garage Doors of Philadelphia and one of our garage doors technicians will be happy to help.
We carry, supply and install high quality garage openers from leading brands, like Liftmaster garage openers, Genie garage openers, and more. We offer same day service near Philadelphia. Whether it is a new garage opener installation, or repair. We also supply garage operator’s parts like Key-pad, remote control (Clicker) and more. We do not limit our services in Philadelphia to only residential operators, we also supply commercial operators for overhead doors. Which makes us to a company that can deal with any overhead door problem, whether it is a broken operator or a broken overhead overhead door spring.
Same Day Garage Opener Repair Philadelphia
We offer same day overhead door opener repair in Philadelphia, and we provide service for overhead door openers from all brands. Sometime the opener can’t be repaired, or the cost of repair may top the price of a completely new overhead door opener installation. But don’t worry, we got that covered. We carry with us overhead door openers from leading overhead door openers brands in Philadelphia, such as Lift Master, and we are ready to replace your overhead door opener right there on the spot. We install overhead door openers for residential and commercial Overhead doors, and we also provide overhead door opener parts and accessories such as Key Pad, Remote control, Push Button and safety sensors. All you need to do is to contact us, and let us help.
We offer same day service in Philadelphia Pennsylvania, and we are ready for any kind of service, whether you need a new garage opener installation, or safety sensors replacement, we can help. We train our technician to be ready to deal with any garage opener problem, and to carry parts and units for all garage doors. If you need the services of overhead door technician in Philadelphia, the team of Philadelphia Garage Doors are ready to help.
Garage Opener & Safety
You may own a Liftmaster belt drive opener in Philadelphia, or chain drive operator, keep on mind one thing: broken overhead door shouldn’t be used. It can be a broken opener, or a broken spring, a commercial garage door, or a store front roll up gate, do not use a broken overhead door, and use a local qualified and experience technician to perform the repair. Although you may be use to overhead door that operate safely and smoothly, when something goes wrong, the door become extremely dangerous. Call Philadelphia Garage Doors of Philadelphia for same day service.
Garage Door Opener Problem Philadelphia
A problem with the overhead door opener can be an unpleasant experience that sometime can happen at the worst time. We at Philadelphia Garage Doors understand that, and to try and ready to help ASAP. We offer a same day overhead door motor repair in Philadelphia. From fresh installation of a new replacement, we are ready to complete the job.
A problem with the overhead door opener does not mean that it is time to replace the opener. Sometime the reason for the problem is just a poor overhead door maintenance job, or no maintenance at all. There are few reasons why the opener stopped working, and a good overhead door technician, as the technicians of Philadelphia Garage Doors are can solve the problem.
Is it really the garage opener?
One common problem that we see a lot during servicing garage doors in Philadelphia is a problem with the door itself (Problem with the mechanism of the door) that seem like a problem with the opener. And in order to explain that, we need to make one thing clear: What makes opening the door to so easy, and what prevent the overhead door from falling into the floor when it is closing is not the opener, it is the mechanism of the door. The opener is only in charge of small amount of lifting and lowering the door. So the rule is very simple: If there is something wrong with the door, do not try and open or close it with the garage opener. First you will need to address the problem, make sure that the door is working properly when you use it manually, and only then you (Or the repairman) can connect the overhead door opener to the door, and use the door electrically. We can repair both garage doors and openers in Philadelphia. Just call us and we will be there for you today.
Opener Safety Sensors Philadelphia
Every overhead door in Philadelphia must include a safety feature! This is not an option, or up to you or to us, this is what required by law. There is a federal law that require every automated overhead door to include a safety feature, which will protect and prevent the closing overhead overhead door from hurting someone or something by the closing garage door.
If you own an automated garage door, make sure that the door is equipped with safety feature, and the most popular one in Philadelphia is the opener safety sensors. The garage safety sensors in are installed on each side of the garage door, next or on the tracks, and no higher than 6 inches from the floor (to protect pets or small objects from getting hurt). The safety sensors should be installed when they are facing each other, and in case an object will interrupt the invisible laser beam between the two sensors, the garage opener which closing the door will stop it movement and reverse to open position, and by that protect and avoid hurting the object which interrupt with the laser beam. It can be a person, bicycle, or any other object that may be forgotten at the garage door’s path. Every automated overhead door in Philadelphia Pennsylvania must include a safety feature.
Safety sensors installation
There is only one way to install overhead door safety sensors in Philadelphia, and this is the right way. Make sure that the safety sensors are installed correctly, and that the wiring is not damaged and well connected. If you, or a overhead door technician fail to perform a correct safety sensors installation, you will not be able to close the overhead door using the garage door remote control, and you won’t be able to use the door automatically. Reliable and trouble-free overhead door start from the installation. When the safety sensors were installed by a qualified technician who know garage doors in Philadelphia, they should work with no problems for many years, as long no one will touch, move, push or break them. If you want to learn more about safety sensors troubleshoot, you can visit one of the following links:
- Safety sensors troubleshoot.
- Garage Door DIY.
- Garage safety sensors repair.
Garage Opener Replacement Philadelphia
If your overhead door opener stopped working completely, or if you think that there may be a problem with the way it is working now, you should stop using the garage door, and contact a overhead door contractor in Philadelphia who can repair or replace overhead door openers.
Using a overhead door with a broken opener, or with any other problem is dangerous! Not only that you may cause a bigger problem, which may cost you more money, using a broken overhead door can be dangerous to the people who use the door, or to objects who located near the door. We offer chain drive openers and Belt drive openers from leading brands in Philadelphia, and we will gladly advise you, and share our knowledge with you, and help you get the best garage door motor, that will serve you well for many more years.
Before you buy a new opener in Philadelphia
There are many different types, brands and kinds of garage door openers in Philadelphia and in Pennsylvania, and since purchasing a new overhead door opener is something that we should do once, and not have to deal with it again for the next twenty and possibly more, it is recommended to invest in quality operators and use a professional installer. In return to have a garage opener that is going to open and close the door to our garage whenever we need it to do so.
But most of us don’t really know what kind of opener we need, which of the garage opener brands offer high quality openers, and is it even possible to install an opener in to operate their garage door. One of the purposes of our article we will try and shed some light on the subject, and try to assist you find the right opener for your overhead door in Philadelphia Pennsylvania.
Before you go ahead and contact a local garage opener installer in Philadelphia, please read our recommendations, explanations and tips, to assist you purchase the best overhead door opener, from the kind that last for many years.
Is it a fresh opener installation?
There is a difference between a new opener installation and an opener replacement. When you replace an opener, and it can an opener in Philadelphia, or anywhere else in Pennsylvania you remove the old one and install a new one. But when it is a completely new garage opener installation and there was never an opener before, you first need to make sure that it is even possible to install a new opener.
- The first thing you need to check is if there is electricity in the garage at all. Not every garage in Philadelphia has electricity, and it is impossible to install a new motor without electricity. If there is no electric power to your garage, you will need to contact an electrician in prior to the new opener installation. Do not assume that you can buy a garage operator with battery backup, and use it without electricity (Like one home owner in Philadelphia tried once, since the garage operators with the battery backup is just for back up).
- The second thing is the structure of the garage and the way it is built. There is a certain space which is required in order to install a overhead door opener in Philadelphia. And in some cases, the installation may require additional modifications to make the installation passable. So if you never had an opener before, it is not obvious that it is going to be possible to install a new opener. It can be a garage opener installation in Philadelphia, or garage opener installation in Philadelphia, call a local specialist, who can make sure that the installation is possible.
After many years of servicing overhead doors in Philadelphia, including repair and installation of garage openers, there is no problem that we cannot overcome, since when it comes to overhead door services, it can be overhead door opener repair near Philadelphia, or garage opener someplace else in Pennsylvania, there was never a overhead door problem that we couldn’t solve.
What brand of opener should I install?
There are many overhead door brands. Some of them offer high quality openers, and some offer low quality openers. The thing is that the difference in prices is not as big as the difference between the qualities, and with investment of 10-30 percent more, you can purchase one of the best garage door opener in the world. We supply high quality garage openers in Philadelphia, like the Liftmaster garage opener, which considered to be strong and reliable, and when being used properly, can last for many years with just basic maintenance.
If you want to read about the available overhead door openers types in Philadelphia, you can read the article written by Philadelphia Garage Doors, which offer general survey of the overhead door openers and types. But to make it short, we believe the Liftmaster openers are considered to be strong and reliable openers, what make them our preferred opener manufacture to work with. And after 20 years in the overhead door business, and after countless overhead door opener installations in Philadelphia Pennsylvania, we know why choose to recommend that particular brand to all our customers.
Garage opener Troubleshoot
If you garage operator in Philadelphia do not open or close the door, it may be due to several reasons. From a problem in the overhead door itself, through safety sensors troubleshooting, to a broken gear or damage to the board, there isn’t always one option why the opener stopped working.
When it comes to overhead door operator troubleshoot in Philadelphia, there are many problems that you can repair by yourself, and there are problems that require a trained technician that know how to fix overhead door openers in Philadelphia. We would like to go over some of the common opener issues, and help you with garage door opener troubleshooting.
But before we start, we will repeat what we said before: Every overhead door should work perfectly manually in order to be connected to the garage operator. If the door is not working perfectly that when you use it manually, you should repair the problem before connecting the opener to the door. And that goes for every garage doors, whether it is a broken overhead door in Philadelphia, in Pennsylvania, or anywhere else, commercial or residential, broken overhead door shouldn’t be use.
- The remote (Clicker) is not working: If the wall switch or the Key less entry of your overhead door in Philadelphia is working, but the remote is not, you either need to replace the battery of the remote, or to reprogram the remote and sync with the motor. You can either do it by yourself, or contact Philadelphia Garage Doors for same day overhead door repairs in Philadelphia Pennsylvania to come and fix or replace it for you.
- The door is not closing all the way: This is a common problems with automated garage doors in Philadelphia. It may be a symptom of a safety sensors issue, or a problem with the travel limits. If when you are holding the wall switch the door is closing perfectly then you may need to adjust or repair the safety sensors. Many times someone accidently moved one of the safety sensors from where it is installed, and by that caused to the invisible laser beam between the sensors to break. All you need to do is to bring the safety sensor back to its place, and it may solve the problem. If that did not solve the problem, Philadelphia Garage Doors will come and fix it for you today, since overhead door repairs in Philadelphia is what we do.
No matter how annoying the problem may be, you should never remove the safety sensors, or install them in a way which is not affective! They are there to protect you, or any other person or object in case they will be at the door’s path while it is going down.
- No sound or lights when trying to use the opener: You may not have power to the outlet. Check if there is power in the outlet. If there is no power, use a licensed and local electrician in Philadelphia to repair the problem.
- The opener works, but there is no light: You may simply need to replace the light bulb (Make sure you are using the kind which is recommended by the manufacture). The opener should work the same with or without a light bulb.
- The opener is making grinding noise, but the door is not moving: In that case the gear may broke and need to be replaced. You can purchase the gear and replace it by DIY, or you can contact a local garage doors technician who service Philadelphia for the repair.
- The door is not closing completely: If the opener does not close the door all the way, or if the door is stop in open position which is too low, you may need to adjust the travel limits. Check the manual for instructions. There are different operators for garages in Philadelphia Pennsylvania, and each one is adjusted differently. Search for the model you have and follow the instructions, or use a local overhead door expert for the job.
Which operator should I install in my garage?
When you look for a new garage opener in Philadelphia, It can be a chain drive operator, or belt drive, what really important is that you will choose the operator that will serve you well, since it is something that you shouldn’t do more than once every 20 years or more. The important thing is that you will choose between the chain and the belt drive, and that you will choose a reliable brand, since like everything else in life, quality matter. Philadelphia Garage Doors offer high quality openers in Philadelphia, and we offer same day installation service for residential and commercial openers.
For Same Day Garage Opener Service in Philadelphia
Garage door installation Philadelphia Pennsylvania
- Liftmaster opener installation Philadelphia
- Garage opener repairs Philadelphia
- Commercial overhead door operator Pennsylvania
- Genie garage opener repairs Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Garage opener supplier
- Philadelphia garage opener technician
- Philadelphia overhead door operator service
- Emergency Service Philadelphia Pennsylvania